Thursday, November 20, 2008

This song....

Last night I realized that I have to stop trying to make everything right. I can't do it all, have it all, give it all. I have to let God take over. It is now out of my hands and in His.
I have always loved the Wizard of Oz and the song Somewhere Over the Rainbow. During my favorite tv show the other night, Jon & Kate plus 8, this song was played. I got chills and even tears in my eyes. They were in Hawaii renewing there vows. I visited their website last night and it was so inspirational.
(For those that are not familiar with the show, they have 8 children. A set of twins and sextuplets. They are not much older than Scott and I. They are very honest people and do all they can to make the kids lives the best possible. They are very open about their love for God, which is rare in today's times. She puts Bible verses on index card around her house for inspiration.)
Anyway, back to the reason of the post, for some reason last night something came over me. It was a since of peace. Like it will be ok. I prayed that this peace will continue on into today and days after. It has. Scott was late getting home this morning for work and normally I would be very irritated because he has the car and I was worried about Carly getting to school on time. When he got home, I smiled at him. He asked me if I was in a bad mood probably not noticing my smile and just out of habit or instinct asked me that question. When he realized that I wasn't, it made his morning better. I can't tell you why I feel this way but I think it started with this song. Somewhere over the rainbow dreams do come true and this is a wonderful world! I do believe that I will wake up one day and realize that these gray clouds are far behind us. But I can't do it alone. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog and God Bless.

1 comment:

Katie Gilbert said...

Danielle, thanks for such a thoughtful, honest post! I'm so glad that God is giving you that peace, and that you're spreading it to Scott. :o) A couple of our good friends are having big marriage problems, and I think that the simple things like smiling at each other, letting each other off the hook, and trying to make each other have a better day can go a long way to making a marriage last. Reading your sweet post was a great way to start my day!!