Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Little Girl with a BIG Attitude

Oh the opinions of a 4 year old....

A few months ago my mom had taken the girls to the mall and they stopped in at The Disney Store. Of course the girls picked out their perfect Halloween costume. So when they got home they told me all about them and begged me to buy them. Being the great mom that I am (haha) I went online and put a Tinkerbell outfit, wings (and not just any wings...they light up), shoes, crown, wand, a Belle dress, shoes, crown and wand in my "shopping bag" and proceeded to checkout. Well let me just tell you that the total was over $120! A...I don't think so!! So for weeks Scott and tried to change their minds and about 2 weeks ago we thought we were successful. They agreed to be cheerleaders. WELL today my sweet little Candace told me that there is no way that she would wear the ugly outfit to school and that all the other girls are going to be princesses and she wanted to be Belle. So now I was feeling guilty because I was the one that talked her into the cheerleader outfit to begin with and she was going to be left out at school. After talking to Scott, we decided to go to The Disney Store and see what was left. Let me remind you that Halloween is in 3 days. So we get there and luckily they had one dress left in her size. No shoes or wand but they had a dress!! Great!! We thought the problem was solved but oh no...life is not that easy! Carly can't be a cheerleader now because Candace was not. We looked and looked but no Tinkerbell outfit. Nothing! That must be a very popular costume this year. So here I sit with about 48 hours left to try to find something suitable for Carly. She is not my picky child and is eager to please...but I would love to find her what she wants since that is what I did for Candace. We will see.

It just amazes me how a 4 year old can be so strong-willed. She knows what she wants and she knows how to get it. They are both so different. I just can't believe it.

No comments: